Each of us has experienced the desire to know how to make our files, whether they be pictures or videos, private so that only we can access them.
I’ll show you how to hide your files (i.e., files you don’t want anyone to view when they pick up your phone) in this post. The steps are listed below.
How To Hide Private Files in Calculator App on Android.
- Download the HideU: Calculator Lock from Google Play Store.
- Open the app, agree to the terms of service and grant the necessary permission needed by the app.
- You’ll be prompted to Setup password to continue.
- After typing your password twice, click on the equal to (=) symbol to confirm your password.
- Now complete the security question of your choice.
- So, if you want to hide certain photos in your device, click on the photos icon from the bottom left corner
- Tap on the “+” icon and select where your photo is located.
- Select the photos you want to keep hidden and tap “Hide”.
- Done. No one else apart from you can access the photo(s) you’ve hidden.
- Follow this same procedures to hide other file types like videos, audios, documents, etc.
How To Recover Your Forgotten Password.
We are all humans so it is likely to forget your own password sometimes. If so, follow the steps below to recover your password and set a new one.
Kindly note that all your hidden file will still be intact even after resetting your password.
- Open the HideU: Calculator app and enter “11223344=”.
- If you’ve already set up a security question, enter the answer and confirm.
- Now, you’ll be asked to setup a new password.
How To Unhide Your Files.
- Open the HideU: Calculator app and locate where you stored your hidden file(s).
- Press and hold the particular file(s) and select “Unhide” from the bottom menu.
- Choose to Unhide to “Original Path” and tap OK.
- Voila! Your file(s) is/are back to your device.
The ability to hide files and folders on your phone is one approach to getting the privacy that we all desire in one way or another. It’s really that easy. It is quite practical to be able to preserve your private data on your phone regardless of who gets access to it.