Google offers a variety of student internship opportunities and is here inviting applications now open for the 2023 Google STEP Internship for interested and eligible applicants. STEP (Student Training in Engineering Program), formerly known as Engineering Practicum, is a 12-week internship for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for computer science.
With the internship program focused on providing development opportunities to students from groups historically underrepresented in tech, through technical training and professional development, applications are invited from students all over the globe who have interest to participate.
Program Type: Undergraduate Internships
Program Location: Varies
Program Duration: 12-weeks
Available Slots: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduate Students
Nationality: All Nationalities
Also Check: Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) 2022 for Africans
Google STEP Internship 2023 | Program Goals
- To provide interns with the opportunity to complete a challenging technical project where you will build solutions and gain exposure to immense scale and complexity.
- To help interns develop their technical skills, build confidence in their abilities, and better prepare them for their future in computer science. All STEP interns will receive coaching and mentorship from Google engineers to guide you through your summer experience.
- To give interns an inside look at Google’s unique environment, community, and culture. Interns will have the opportunity to attend technical talks by Googlers, gain insight into technical interview preparation, learn about Google’s coding practices and technologies, and develop other skills that will set them up for success.
- To help participants begin building important personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share their passion for technology and computer science.
The eligibility conditions for Google STEP Internship 2023 are given in two categories; candidates are required to meet the minimum requirements, the preferred qualifications will be added advantage.
- First or second-year Bachelor’s student majoring in Computer Science or a related field.
- First year students have taken at least one college computer science course (AP or IB will meet course requirements). Second-year students must have completed at least two college computer sciences courses.
- Currently attending a university in North America.
- Returning to a Bachelor’s degree program with at least two years remaining in their academic program after completion of the Summer 2023 internship.
- Ability to complete a full-time, 12-week internship between May and August or June and September 2023 (exact program dates will be provided at a later point in the process).
Recommended: 15 Most Selling IT Skills of 2022
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the internship should click here to submit applications online. A team of recruiters will review applications on a rolling basis over the fall, winter, and early spring. Please be patient as we consider your application. If you haven’t heard back from us, then you are still in process. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide individual status updates.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended. All rights and credits reserved to respective owner(s).