Applications are invited from suitably qualified young Africans with an interest in the financial sector to apply for the African Export-Import Bank Internship 2023/24 aimed at helping young Africans develop their careers which will benefit trade opportunities in Africa.
The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is a Multilateral Financial Institution established for the purposes of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. By offering good students a chance for an internship with the Bank, it is expected that they will leave with a better knowledge of the Bank’s mandate and operating model, which they will put to use as they develop their careers, no doubt with direct benefits to the Bank and generally, to trade in Africa.
Company/Organisation(s): The African Export-Import Bank
Program Type: Student Internship
Program Location: Egypt
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduate
See Also: World Bank Group Winter Internship Program | Paid Internships
African Export-Import Bank Internship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Afreximbank Internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Students with proven enrollment in full time undergraduate or post graduate study programmes in a recognised institution. The Bank will be especially interested in candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law or related fields.
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states.
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship.
- Any other applicants as may be approved by the President.
- Before commencement, coverage of reasonable return fare transport costs to their internship location.
- A monthly tax free stipend of USD 800 payable at the end of each month, to help defray living cost.
- Accommodation in a hotel chosen by the Bank (bed and breakfast only) for one week during the induction period, on arrival to the internship location for interns, basing on their previous location.
- Transfer to the hotel on arrival and vice versa on departure.
- Relevant visa for the duration of the internship programme, if so required.
Equally, Check: UNICEF Internships 2023-2024 [Fully Funded] | Paid Internships
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the African Export-Import Bank Internship 2023/24 are to complete an online application and provide all the required information as follows:
- Letter of application.
- Copy of their current CV.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates.
- Recommendation for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending. This should include the proposed period of internship up to a maximum of six months.
- Short Statement of Intent (maximum of 1 A4 page) indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship programme.
Application Deadline: Not specified
Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended. All rights and credits reserved to respective owner(s).